Tuesday 30 June 2015

Starfire by Paul Preuss

StarfireStarfire by Paul Preuss
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

If you are a fan of Sci-Fi you will like it, if not you will still like it. This is actually an older novel written in 1988, however it is not dated. Difficult to imagine but when this was written you did not have mobile phones, Ipads, Kindles or laptop computers. So the author has shown great skill in detailing this solar adventure in a believable way. The main character is a veteran astronaut using his fame and buliding his reputation as the premier person with knowledge of asteroids. Appearance of a freak asteroid gives him the opportunity for a last trip into space. It is an excellent book but I have withheld my fifth star because he used flashbacks and bios to give the background on the other characters. This disrupts the flow of the book and if detail was deemed essential then it could have handled better, but who am I ? do I write thrilling Sci-Fi novels?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment