Thursday 28 August 2014

The Dark Meadow by Andrea Maria Schenkel

The Dark MeadowThe Dark Meadow by Andrea Maria Schenkel
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Zauner family is one of those families when it goes wrong it goes wrong, deserved or not deserved it happens. Afra the daughter is single and pregnant when she returns home, to the shame of her god fearing father. The story of disaster befalling the family is told using various accounts of witnesses and police involved, it is a lot to cram into this little novella. Translated from the original in German, the book is easy reading and apart from the locations and names you would never guess its origin. If I could have influenced the author I would have asked for a more exciting / thrilling conclusion as the ending is a little flat. Overall I liked the book and would select a full length novel by the author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment