Thursday 25 September 2014

Crude Carrier by Rex Burns

Crude CarrierCrude Carrier by Rex Burns
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I don't often reward a book with 5 stars but when it meets all my criteria the rating is simple. This is my first Rex Burns novel and was very pleased when I found out he was a "no messing about author". He starts straight in with the plot, an unexplained death at sea to which the parents of the sailor understandingly wants some answers. James Raiford of the Touchstone Agency is hired it investigate and provide the answers. Assisted by his daughter Julie they decided some undercover work is required to find the truth about Harold Rossi's death.

The author does not waste in words in flashbacks, unnecessary background, history lessons or any of the other ploys some authors use to fill the book. Rex Burns just gives you gripping action, mystery and just enough clues to keep you entertained up to the climax of the book. Excellent high seas adventure which will make me seek out other Rex Burns novels


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment