Tuesday 18 February 2014

The Farm by Tom Rob Smith

The FarmThe Farm by Tom Rob Smith
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The synopsis of this book excited me but in the end I was a little disappointed and as a result only rated it at three stars, instead of four. Had the author provided more hooks a third of the way through, I would not have hesitated to award four. In the end I had to work hard to stay the course to receive the reward at the end. The style is mostly narration which in itself was a little tedious however the storyline was excellent.

Daniel's parents retired to his mothers homeland Sweden, buying a small farm in an isolated location in the rural south. The idea of setting up a guest house to generate income never got off the ground, as Daniel found out following Tilda's call announcing her arrival at Heathrow. With mixed messages from both his parents Daniel has to unravel the truth of his mother's illness.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment