Friday 20 September 2013

Border Angels by Anthony Quinn

Border AngelsBorder Angels by Anthony Quinn
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Starting off well with all the intrigue of the comings and goings of a brothel, this novel for me just petered out. It did not maintain my interest to the end, nor did it reward me with a good ending, everything was a bit flat. It is okay, but don't expect any thrills or exciting action, it is not there.
The main character Celius Daly strikes me as one of the most incompetent police inspectors I have read. He doesn't seem to get the picture of the crime he is meant to solve, and in this episode he is diverted by his own circumstances. Set in the borderlands of Northern Ireland it does however paint a good picture of the economic downturn, and the problems created by an increasing immigrant population.
I would set this low in your priorities to read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment