Wednesday 5 August 2015

Killer Jam by Karen MacInerney

Killer JamKiller Jam by Karen MacInerney
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I knew when I selected this book it was not in my normal type of murder mystery with a name like "Killer Jam" and a cover that gave the feel of the WI. I was not disappointed, it did feel like a WI baking / cooking journal with murder and fraud only as the sideline. That aside the actual storyline was okay with with standard murder induced by greed. This style is definitely going to appeal to an older female readership or Great British Bake Off fans. Lucy Resnick has retired from her job as a journalist in Houston, Texas to buy and run her grandmother's farm in Buttercup ( one of the many quaint names which tell me WI ). As she struggles to get set up in her new role of homesteader Lucy is drawn into being a suspect for the murder of a local VIP. This turns her back to her journalistic instincts and she starts to track down the killer to avoid her own incarceration. Not to spoil the book, but you do get the recipes for all the mention jams, cakes and pies at the end.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment