Tuesday 30 September 2014

Private India by James Patterson & Ashwin Sanghi

Private India (Private 8)Private India by James Patterson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When asked about James Patterson is he any good? I always say he is reliable and will always give you a good read. This is my first book in the Private series I have read and I am pleased to say that Private India hits the same mark. Santosh Wagh is the chief of the Mumbia office who lands a good old ritual serial killer case to solve. I think Ashwin Sanghi as co author has done an excellent job in adding the Indian flavour to this thriller making the circumstances of the murders feel more real. He also adds the right amount of background of Indian culture in explanation helping to crank up the atmosphere and is not without humour. My favourite line to describing Indian civil servants "It is a well known fact that Indian government servants reached their offices late and made up for it by leaving early". This atmosphere combined with Patterson's expertise in thrillers has produced a very fast paced and entertaining story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment