Tuesday 8 July 2014

Dark Side by Margaret Duffy

Dark Side: A Gillard and Langley British Police ProceduralDark Side: A Gillard and Langley British Police Procedural by Margaret Duffy
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

My status for this book is a lie, I have not read it, well not all of it, only three quarters and I reached my limit of frustration. A short format book was unfortunately not short enough. The writing style of Margaret Duffy I found, as another reviewer also suggested was challenging. The story was very difficult to follow and there was a total absence of hooks to keep your interest. This book would be a contender for a high score on the Hawking Index, for books that readers are most likely not to finish reading. The crime mystery is one in a series of featuring the Gillard and Langley partnership where one of their colleagues is the target of a drive by shooting in London. After the first chapter it becomes increasingly difficult to follow and understand who is who and where you are. It may be me and my expectations are set to high, but I don't think so.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment