Tuesday 13 May 2014

Dire Wolf by Eric Jubb

Dire Wolf: a NovelDire Wolf: a Novel by Eric Jubb
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

With the main character John Johnston having virtually the same name as myself how could I not review it. Sadly I don't live up to the heroics of the Afghan veteran who retires from the army back to his family's home in Montana. Beset by tragedy John starts to build a new life, when his young brother is attacked by wolves. John decides he must track and kill the wolves responsible to allow his brother to eradicate his trauma. Over time the body count of the wolves starts to climb and with the help of university professor Doctor Beth Wall, they decide the wolves are genetic mutants from the medieval past. The hunt is now on weather allowing.

This is a good adventure which is written in the first person, and in some places the language is very naive, but it does not really affect the story telling. The book also describes some of the problems war veterans have in readjusting to civilian life, and war wounds. Not exactly my normal thriller read but good none the less.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment