Sunday 15 December 2019

River Run by J.S. James

River Run (A Delia Chavez Mystery #1)River Run by J.S. James
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Great book for first novel although I was not a total fan of the style. The story line was excellent but was in my view overdone with local content related to river life, using many strange colloquialisms and slang to describe events and places. This aside plot is very good and executed with a good amount of thrilling action. You may have to be a hunter appreciate this fully as in this part of Oregon it appears to be all that matters to some. The author also clearly shows the flaws in the local policing system system in the US with little or no oversight on their operations. All in all I think this is a great book for your first attempt, if only I had that talent.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment