Monday 14 August 2017

Dinner at the Centre of the Earth by Nathan Englander

Dinner at the Centre of the EarthDinner at the Centre of the Earth by Nathan Englander
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

It does not happen very often but this book beat me. I have read around 20% and have not been able to understand any of it. This may be an award winning author but there are no prizes for this one. Perhaps written in a period of self indulgence it lacks any structure or storyline for you to follow and certainly does not entertain. The reason I gave up was the lack of even any promise that it would get better, I was totally confused and bored. Billed as a political thriller I was excited to start it as this is one my favourite genres however this excitement disappeared very quickly. Won't give any spoilers as if like me you will not get that far.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment