Thursday 4 April 2013

Coldwater by Diana Gould

Coldwater: A NovelColdwater: A Novel by Diana Gould
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Normally a debut novel I avoid however this is one I am glad I did not miss. Diana Gould has made a great start and more like this will be extremely welcome.

A story of an addict and the struggle to get clean and all the emotions and hardships that come with it. Set in Hollywood's tv and film business, Brett Tanager script writer falls from grace and battles back motivated by her step daughter. It is a gripping thriller in the Hollywood tv detective style, written in a way that keeps you wanting to turn the pages. Apart from the story the book effectively highlights the plight of drug and alcohol addicts, by detailing some of damage done to others connected and unconnected. This is a serious topic but handled well.

Recommended

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment